Sunday 15 September 2013

Week 4 in London

Week 4 (28/7/2103 -3/8/2013)

It was really a hard time to say goodbye to my friends as most of them had to go back to their home university to study in August.  Before the hectic school life started again, those friends who stayed for session two and I went to do more sight-seeing on Sunday.


St. Paul’s Cathedral:



The cathedral is one of the most famous and most recognizable sights of London, with its dome, framed by the spires of Wren's City churches, dominating the skyline for 300 years. I have long been eager to go there for a long time.  As an architecture-lover, it was so amazed to see such fantastic architecture of the church.  It was really a pity that the gallery was not open due to a ceremony on that Sunday. Yet, we still had a good time there and felt the peacefulness inside the church.  After that, we had a nice and light lunch at a famous restaurant called Paul.  The sandwich, hot chocolate and the strawberry pie cake tasted excellent.

Green Park and St. James’s Park:


These two parks are near the Buckingham Palace.  There parks are ten times

 
larger than any park in Hong Kong. With the super nice sunlight and the gentle wind, we had a really great time walking here to feel the nature.  It was relaxing to walk in such a spacious park watching people having panic with their family and friends.  When I went back to Hong Kong and proposed to my friends to have a panic gathering, they all thought it was insane.  I guess this is a kind of culture difference of Asians and Europeans.  If I have a chance, I would do that in HKUST as well and hoping that nobody thinks I am a weirdo.


Having a relaxing Sunday, it was time to get start our study.  In session tow, I took the “E-business in Digital Age”.  To my surprise, there were only two Asians in the class and the majority of my classmates were all grown-ups.  With the term “Grown-up”, it means they all are having their own e-business or having their own career. This really surprised me a lot.  Luckily, they were all nice and willing to share their life and career experience to a little girl like me.  This is one of the amazing things to go oversea exchange in which it

definitely will broaden your horizon by talking to different people and you will realize you were living in such a little tiny world before. And I am glad that I made the right choice

No comments:

Post a Comment